Do your best to avoid these 9 don’ts during the mortgage process
- Don’t quit, change, or retire from your job.
- Don’t change banks or bank accounts.
- Don’t buy anything you have to finance before buying your home.
- Don’t be late on your credit card payments or charge excessively.
- Don’t make large deposits into your bank accounts you cannot explain.
- Don’t use cash for your earnest money deposit.
- Don’t co-sign on a loan for anyone.
- Don’t have inquiries made into your credit.
- Don’t exaggerate on your application.